Sunday, April 29, 2012

my dad won't actually READ my books but he's been somewhat supportive in my endeavor to become published. Last xmas he got me a shirt with a slogan on the chest that reads: Even if its crap, get it down on paper." There's a lot of truth in that. I belong to several writing groups and the best advice you can give for someone genuinely attempting  to write is: JUST WRITE IT. I tell that to almost every person i come across. I hear "well ive been thinking about", or "ive been trying to conceive..." JUST WRITE IT.

If you don't write anything to start with, there's nothing for other people to look at and tell you if its good or sucks. if there is nothing to read, no one will know.

i write everyday. every...friggin...day. if i didn't like writing i wouldn't do it. There's been a surge of people wanting to become writers lately. I cant help but wonder if its because of the likelyhood of fame oinvolved should they write a hit or whether its because they really like to write. either way, its good to see poeple interested in making books.
ajc

No comments:

Post a Comment